Thursday, February 28, 2008

wasting gold, hoarding dust

I can waste an hour trying to decide if I should go to a cafe or not,
and if so, which cafe. I can stand in the middle of my room pondering
the pros and cons of each option. Maybe I should just stay home and
make my own coffee. There's so little time. It's too precious to
waste. I stare at my house keys, paralyzed in indecision. The clock
ticks.

Should I really spend $4 in subway fare to drink at my favorite cafe
in the West Village? Seems extravagant.

So, I went to Barnes & Nobles at Lincoln Center a few blocks away.
Now I understand why some people say they don't like cafes. That
place was creepy. Everyone in there seems like they are only
pretending to read, while they furtively glance at you. "Are you the
one from the chat room?" they seem to be asking. Ugh. Shiver. My stay
there was brief, so I ended up wasting $4 anyway because I didn't
enjoy the coffee and scone I ordered. And I had to have it in a paper
cup and paper bag which got thrown out after a few minutes of use.

Thinking is bad for you.

No comments: