Or, maybe I should be more romantic. Maybe I should imagine a garage sale. The camera sits displayed on a folding table. All around are other plastic trinkets and household appliances laid out on the dried grass of a suburban lawn. The sun beats down on a young boy as he sweats in his BSA Troop 55 uniform. He examines the Brownie Hawkeye greedily. But, suddenly it opens in his innocent hands. He sees film and in fear of getting whooped by his pop, closes it hastily and flees the scene. (Ah, but the cat in the box is now dead, because he looked, he looked inside the box... oh, wait, that's a different post.)
So, then there's the film I loaded myself. And, honestly, it had a few issues too. There was some major light leak on one frame, which is a shame, because I kind of like that photo. But, overall, I love the brownies. It's everything I hope for, fuzzy, grainy, distorted... y'know, just like life.



1 comment:
I like the middle one... ;)
Post a Comment