Project for an obsessive artist: (not me, no thank you.)
(1). Get an "Out of Order" sign from a hardware store. (2). Hang it
on a bathroom stall door in a large movie theater so that you can sit
in there for 4 or 5 hours. (3) Record all the things people say when
they come to the bathroom after a movie. (4) edit it all together
into a soundscape and install in a white room at the Whitney. (5)
Bask in praise from the critics.
Seriously, though, I find what people say so interesting. It's inane,
but informative. I resolve to use the Men's room after every movie
from now on, just to hear it all.
After "No Country" today, one guy was saying, "I mean, the action was
good, but so much of it was so boring. Seriously, there were parts
where I was just like looking around, y'know, like checking out the
ceiling, anything else that I might be able to look at." I was never
bored. I had to go hmmm.... not everyone finds cinematography
exciting. Isn't that strange? And I thought everyone was alike. I
liked the idea of staring at the ceiling too, though. I felt bad when
he said that because I hadn't looked at the ceiling. It might have
been cool.
When I recently fell in love, partly it was because she was a rebel
of sorts. She doesn't watch TV, she kind of feels a distaste for
popular movies, she won't eat anything from a can. That is so much
like the rest of the people who mean the most to me. You have to know
what you hate to know what you love. It's funny that I like that so
much, because I'm so easy going and such a sell-out all the time. Ha
ha ha... I love irony.
Look at the picture of C and T on 42nd St. Look at the ground. Next
time it rains, I have half a mind to go take lots of picture of the
ground around town. Neon blurs are probably cheesy and cliche? But, who can say.

No comments:
Post a Comment