Saturday, September 13, 2008

today

well, nothing dramatic and moody today. I just saw this website that
was something I thought about doing a while back, organ plush toys.

http://iheartguts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=z

But, several things annoyed me about it. Although the kidney is cute,
yes. They keep calling it "guts." But the guts aren't represented at
all. They include the stomach (at least as cute as the brain) the
ilium, the jejunum, the colon (everybody's friend), the cecum, the
appendix, and of course the rectum. The esophagus could be thrown in
there too, I suppose. Those are guts. These toys are organs. Hello??
a little research is all I ask. Two minutes on wikipedia, at least.
Okay, so they meant organs, but that brings me to my other complaint.
Where is the spleen? The spleen! It's seriously the most underrated
organ that ever lived. But seriously, the spleen is way cuter than
the freakin' gallbladder. The gallbladder is disgusting. The spleen
is awesome. The spleen is romantic melancholy. It is the source of
all your black bile. And, I know, you have your have your fair share
of black bile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spleen

No comments: