Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday

It's just Wednesday. It's warm. A deep fatigue is upon me. I watch
Woody Allen's Match Point. The acting often appears directed for the
stage which is neither here nor there, only different. Eventually I
fall in love with it, as I often do for things that are different, a
bit awkward even. But, really it's for the film that I swoon. And by
that I mean the pictures, the serial pictures, ticking away. Is there
anything particular in this movie, I'm not trained to know, but I...

... I miss the colors of everything in Mexico. Why are our walls all
white? Our buildings grey. Except SF. But the colors here fitful
madness, aren't they? When I read Tales of the City, I think maybe...

...I'm going to give in now to the fatigue, as I always do. There was
a time when I could stay up all night for a whim. Are the stakes
really higher now? Is there something to lose? Or less to gain? The
weekend is coming. We'll find out...

No comments: