WEDNESDAY Caught up on some sleep and then finally went running again. Felt good. Heat stroke is apparantly addicting. Ate at Fong Seng. It seems like every meal is this amorphous lump of food. All these saucy buffet items all slopped together on a mountain of rice. The other medical student says he worries about his weight since he notices that he eats the same amount as me at lunch every day, but I go running and am 4 inches taller. I'm worried for both of us. Watched a marathon of bad television: American Idol, Eye for a Guy, and Amazing Race. Wow, I feel dumber now.
Got some varied responses to unloading depressive ruminations onto the "travel blog."
One friend says, "Anyway, so I just spent this whole time reading all your thoughts which seems like such a privilege to me- I mean, it's like I'm allowed to step into your head for a little bit and be free to look as I please- does that make sense? Anyway, you made me laugh, cry, laugh again, feel sad, happy....all these expressions in a matter of minutes. I feel so much closer to you than before......"
That makes me feel like I should blog all my dirty laundry. But, I think that I would like to be employabe, dateable, and still invited to family gatherings. So, maybe not. But, all are welcome to step into the vacuous chamber of my head and wander around. Hear the echoes of your footsteps, feel the cold and stale drafts that blow up from the catacombs.
My dad writes, "Don't let depression rule your life, get out and enjoy the city life." Oh shit, I never thought of doing that. He's right, I'm through with depression. Goodbye. All gone. Wow, I feel so much better now!
No, anyway, I'm having fun now. It just so happens that writing is something I do when depressed and not when out having fun, sooo... You might say it was "confounded." But, that would be wrong. It's selection bias.
Wednesday, April 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment