I haven't done any art in a long time. Basically, not since I left New York. I was afraid of that, but also expected it. I told myself not to panic if that happened, because I will settle in. Tonight, I forgot again to go to the open drawing studio session and I had plenty of time and nothing else to do.
I haven't created anything, but I've been thinking for sure... well, is it thinking, or is it just looking. I lot of it has just been taking in nature which is so incredibly abundant here. I'm training for another marathon for whatever senseless reason, so I have plenty of time to think and look while I run for 3+ hours straight. The endorphin high makes the thoughts seem more profound while I'm having them, but then when I get home I can't remember any of it.
I do remember that yesterday when I ran to Rodeo Beach (16+ miles), I watched the sunset over the Pacific. And then when I woke this morning I watched the sun rise over the Bay. I only have a picture of the latter.
This other picture is a KP advertisement that I see at the Macarthur BART station. Maybe you won't agree, but it freaked me out when I saw it first because I thought it was me.
I actually enjoy the KP ads because they make me feel like I belong there. The ads are about eating local, running, bicycling, taking the train to work, and getting lots of sunlight. I relate to all that. Oh, except that I don't feel like I'm thriving. If this really were me in the ad, the text next to it would say, "KP --- persist" That's what I do.
Finally, a little more recently I noticed something else from my balcony. Do you think Andy Goldsworthy may have visited?





No comments:
Post a Comment