start.
coffee home-brewed... beans from Ctrl America, but roasted in Brooklyn
Banana purchased on street, likely from Costa Rica.
Pastries at conference... so bad they have to be made in NYC. Highly
processed.
Pizza at conference for lunch. ugh... veggie slice... probably with
parts from 7 countries.
And then... Went to Farmer's Market at lunchtime! (forgot to bring
my sack with me, so ended up with a bunch of plastic bags in addition
to my groceries.) I went in with the idea of buying my staple foods
there, but it's early in the season, so the pickings were slim. But,
I'm determined to eat what is grown. So, arugula, lettuce, onions
from NY, cheese from PA, eggs from NJ, spelt-wheat bread from NY.
It all made for a decent sandwich for dinner. Actually quite good. I
forgot to take a picture though, since I was too hungry. But here's a
picture of my belly where the sandwich now resides.

No comments:
Post a Comment